Thursday, April 25, 2013

SNAKE!

At the moment, I'm sitting in a Warung (the Bahasa word for shop, restaurant, cafe / whatever else it could be) drinking my watermelon juice and patiently waiting for some chicken (mmm). Okay it just arrived and I'm salivating despite having eaten some pasta (that I made) earlier today.

So walking here, I almost stepped on a snake. It was just there slithering along being a snake and I almost stepped on it. There have also been frogs, lizards and dogs that I have nearly stepped on. Bali is just full of random animals roaming around everywhere.

Lately I've been caught up trying to come up with an educational and fun (not the easiest mix) lesson for year 8 science on energy conversions. Decided to do an amazing race around campus. There are things in the school like a gravitational vortex generator, solar panels, biogas and other things that relate to it. It's my role as an intern to be the "good cop" to the students - kinda be their friend but get them to learn. At the moment I think I'm doing a pretty good job...

Hard, hard work.

I never appreciated the work that teachers do until now. Granted, some teachers do less than others, but I appreciate the fact that teachers put in a lot of effort into planning lessons to get the best out of the student (most of the time). Speaking of effort, Monday was Earth Day, and the whole school had basically a big party day filled with activities. Woo for sustainability! Here are some photos.

Cleaning up the neighbourhood

The kids came up dressed in green or animal costumes! How cute!!

Faber fixing up the medicinal garden beds

Making paper!
The plan for Saturday is to hike up Mount Batur, one of the volcanoes in the heart of Bali. Will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment