Thursday, April 4, 2013

Visa what?

Itinerary for the 4th of April 2013:

1. Wake up at a personal best of 7:30 am
2. Drive mother to work 8:00 am
3. Drive sister to station 8:30 am
4. Drive to Maroubra to the Indonesian Consulate 9:00 am
5. Wait at consulate for an hour before getting to talk about Visas (Priority to Indonesian Citizens)
6. Find out that I won't get a Visa in time 10:05 am
7. Proceed to beg and plead and try to bribe 10:10 am
8. Cry
9. Leave dejected and unwanted 10:15 am
10. Pick up a friend from the station 10:35 am
11. Forget visa issues and have a BBQ (Because BBQs solve every problem) 12:00 pm
12. Stress eat because you haven't forgotten Visa issues 12:10 pm
13. Consider illegal black-market immigration visa dealers in Singapore to process visa 1:00 pm
14. Watch Pocahontas and eat cheesecake 2:00 pm
15. Drop Jono and Spyro off at the station and pick up sister 4:30 pm
16. Clean 5:00 pm
17. Get berated by father for Visa issues 5:30 pm
18. Send email to Green School about Visa problems 5:35 pm
19. Pick up mother and get chided for not picking up the phone in a reception-free area 5:45 pm
20. Get reply email saying "You should not worry.  You can get a 30 day visa on arrival at the airport and once you are on the island we can work on getting an extension for you.  It will work out fine." 6:00 pm
21. Relax, and hate yourself for stressing out over this.

I cannot say how glad I am that this is all over. I spent the past two days worrying about what Visa I needed for the two months there, and what I needed to do. To be honest, I was pretty keen on the shady Visa dealer thing in Singapore, since it's slightly more exhilarating than all the official stuff, live life on the edge you know? (but probably not a good idea considering that I would be giving my passport to a stranger who is probably linked with criminals).

Anyway, as usual, I brought this on myself with last-minute planning (planning? ha). The Visa takes 5 days to process here in Australia, and I only have 4 working days left. It's all very exciting!

6 days till I fly out! Till later,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment