Thursday, April 11, 2013

Santiagogo

Hi all,

For those of you who have read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho will understand me a bit better here. In Paulo Coelho's novel, the protagonist: Santiago, leaves his old life as a shepherd to follow his dream of travelling and to find a treasure.
As I left the world that I knew and felt comfortable in, I felt like Santiago. Sure, there may not be an end treasure in store for me, but I feel like my journey out of home is one where I find myself, my passions, and grow both spiritually with God, mentally and physically.

So tired after my flight...

I am so blessed to have this opportunity, but at the same time it's not as easy as it sounds. Leaving family indefinitely is one of the hardest things to do, especially when these are people who have literally been by my side for all my life. So this trip does signify some sort of independence for me - possibly for the better. I do miss all of you friends and family.

Today I visited Singapore Zoo (alone) and spent a good 7 hours there looking for friends (animals, not people. (Couldn't find one)). I did take some nice (or at least I think they're nice) photos there. If you like me, please take a look on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/matthewshim/

I stay in Singapore for another day before heading to KL in Malaysia.

Stay safe kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment